A piece of equipment at my children's favorite park is broken.  Who do I call for repairs?
Please call Public Works - Maintenance Division (714) 895-2876
Are street sweeping restrictions enforced on holidays?
No, because streets are not swept on City observed holidays.
Can I trim or cut down my parkway tree?
No.  Trees located in the parkway are City trees.  These trees are trimmed according to a predetermined schedule. 
Can the City Attorney advise citizens in legal matters?
No.  The City Attorney cannot advise private citizens in legal matters.  The City Attorney represents/advises the City Council, Planning Commission, City Departments, and other agencies, boards, commissions and committees.  However, the Orange County Legal Aid Society (800) 834-5001 or (714) 572-5200, or the Orange County Lawyers Referral Service (949) 440-6747, may be helpful for anyone seeking legal representation and/or answers to general legal questions.
How can I receive visitor information about the City of Westminster?
Please contact the Westminster Chamber of Commerce. 

Westminster Chamber of Commerce
14491 Beach Boulevard, Westminster CA 92683
Phone: (714) 898-9648
Fax: (714) 373-1499
How do I contact the County of Orange?
The County of Orange general information number is (714) 834-2000.  You may also visit their website at
How do I dispose bulky items?
The Midway Sanitation District provides a monthly bulky item service for the disposal of some appliances and furniture, and will collect two such items from each household approximately every thirty days.  For more details, please call (714) 893-3553 or click the link to visit the Midway Sanitation District Website

Code Enforcement PSA Video - Discard Items  
I can't pay my mortgage payment
Please call the neighnorhood housing services of Orange County Foreclosure Prevention Counseling Program hotline at 888 995-4673.
I need credit counseling
Please call the Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Orange County at (714) 547-2227 x118 or go online at to learn about their many types of assistance proposals.
I want to report a worn or torn flag.
The Mayor and City Council are dedicated to displaying the American flag at all municipal facilities and at various other locations throughout the City.  If you see a flag that has been damaged or needs to be replace, please contact the Public Works Maintenance Department at (714) 548-3252.

If a citizen should decide to sell property to the Agency, who determines the selling price?
The agency would hire an independent appraiser to establish the fair market value of the property. If the owner is not satisfied with the appraised value of the property, he may hire his own appraiser to re-evaluate the property after which both appraisals will be compared and a selling price negotiated.  Fair market value is the value that the property would have, if it were placed in today’s real estate market and sold.
They are flushing hydrants in my area and my water turned brown!  Is that safe?
Your water is safe.  Though the sediment may discolor your water, it is not harmful.  This is normal during flushing of the water system.  If your water is discolored during flushings, discontinue use and resume after your water runs clear.  This could take up to two hours after flushing stops.  The Water Division recommends you avoid showering and washing clothes during the hours they are flushing in your area until your water runs clear.  Even though the water is safe to drink, the color in the water could discolor clothes.
What days and times is City Hall open for business?
Hours of Operation
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. 
Friday  7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Closed Alternate Fridays
What happens if my trash day falls on a holiday?
If your regular trash day falls on a holiday that is observed by the Midway City Sanitation District, your trash will be picked up the following day.  The remainder of the week will also be picked up one day later, with Friday pick up occurring on Saturday.  If you have any questions regarding trash pick up, you may contact Midway City Sanitation District at (714) 893-3553.
What is the difference between the City Attorney and the District Attorney?
The City Attorney is appointed by the City Council and is the attorney for the City of Westminster. The City Attorney provides legal services for the Mayor, City Council and the various agencies, boards, commissions, committees and departments of the City of Westminster. The City Attorney prosecutes violations of the Westminster Municipal Code, but not any state code violations.  The District Attorney is an elected official who prosecutes state criminal laws throughout Orange County.
What is the phone number for the DMV?
The phone number is 1-800-777-0133 or visit their website at
What number do I call if I have a question about the City, but I don't know which department to contact?
Please call the City Receptionist at (714) 898-3311 x 0 and the receptionist will direct your call to the appropriate department.
What should I do if there is a water main break, pressure problems, leaks, or questions about the quality of the water?
Please contact our Water Division crew at 714 / 895-2876, Monday through Friday, from 6:30 am to 5:00 pm.  For after hours and weekends water emergencies, contact the Westminster Police Department at 714 /898-3315.  They will then contact emergency stand-by personnel.
When does the City Council meet?
City Council meetings take place at 7:00 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month at City Council chambers.
Where can I get a copy of a birth certificate?
Please call the County of Orange at (714) 834-2872.
Where can I get a list of the Special Events in Westminster?
You may view the City's Calendar of Events, or you may contact the Community Services Department at (714) 895-2860.
Where can I obtain traffic count information?
City-wide flow maps can be obtained at the Public Works counter from the Traffic Engineering Division for a nominal fee.  If all you need is the traffic volume at one or two locations, you can call Traffic Engineering at 714 548-3464, or 714 548-3465.
Where is City Hall?
Westminster City Hall,  Police Building, Community Services Building, Senior Center, and Council Chambers are located at the Civic Center.  The Civic Center address is 8200 Westminster Blvd, between Beach Blvd and Newland St.

From the Garden Grove Freeway (22 Freeway), exit at Beach Blvd and drive south. Turn east (left) onto Westminster Blvd.  The Civic Center is on the right hand side of the street in the second block.  Public parking lots are available off Jackson St. and All American Way.

From the San Diego Freeway (405 Freeway) exit at Beach Blvd and drive north.  Turn east (right)  onto Westminster Blvd.  The Civic Center is on the right hand side of the street in the second block.

Where is the Westminster Family Resource Center located?
The Westminster Family Resourse Center is located at:

Sigler Park
7200 Plaza St
Westminster CA  92683

The Center is open  Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm (closed for lunch from 12pm to 1pm daily).

For more information, please call 714/903-1331

Which Council Member handles my district?
The City of Westminster is not assigned districts.  You may contact the Mayor or any Council Member to discuss an issue within any area of Westminster.
Which Friday is City Hall open?
City Hall is closed every other Friday.  Please click on the link below to view the calendar.
Who can I talk to regarding water billing, rates, charges, turn-on or turn-off services?
You can contact our Water Customer Service department at 714 / 894-3796.
Who does the Family Resource Center provide services to?
The Westminster Family Resource Center offers services to parents who have a child 18 or younger still living at home.  The parents can be a couple or single parent. Languages available are English, Spanish and Vietnamese. 
7200 Plaza St

Ca 92683
Phone: 1-714-903-1331
Who is the City's cable provider?
Time Warner Communications is the City's cable provider.  To request service from Time Warner, please contact (714) 903-4000.
Show all Categories