City of Westminster
8200 Westminster Blvd
Westminster, CA 92683
Steve Ratkay, AICP
8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
By Appointment Only
1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Until further notice
Please see the City Calendar for more details.
- EFFECTIVE JUNE 8th: CITY HALL LOBBY WILL RE-OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, BUT WITH LIMITED PUBLIC HOURS.
Walk-Up Hours: 8:00 AM -12:00 PM
By Appointment Only : 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- We are currently experiencing high wait times for the walk in hours, due in part to staff shortages. We are encouraging appointments.
- Please contact the Planning Division by phone at (714) 548-3247 or by email at email@example.com if you are a new customer, have questions, or want an appointment.
- Submittal review and processing times may be extended due to current conditions. This is particularly true for projects requiring review by multiple agencies or divisions such as the Police Department or Orange County Fire Authority (OCFA).
- For more information regarding other City services, please Click Here.
THINGS TO KNOW
- Make sure to Check-In with a member of our staff to notify your order of business with the City.
- Face masks are required for all in-person visits or public service counter assistance
- If you are experiencing any type of cough, fever, sore throat or any other related symptoms, you will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Keep 6 feet social distancing between yourself and others.
- If you have any questions about these new procedures, please call Westminster City Hall at 714-898-3311
The role of the Planning Division is to implement the City's vision and goals for community development and land use as established in the Westminster General Plan. Learn more about our General Plan Vision Statement.
The Planning Division is involved with a wide range of activities ranging from processing applications for development projects to conducting complex policy and research studies. The Division also advises the Planning Commission and City Council on various topics including architecture/design, environmental analysis, and land use.
A central responsibility of the Planning Division is to implement the City’s comprehensive General Plan and Zoning Ordinance. The two basic areas of planning include current planning, which focuses on new development in the City; and advanced planning, which deals with the long-term goals, objectives, and programs of the City.