Records FAQs

How do I obtain a copy of a juvenile arrest record?

Orange County Juvenile Court limits access to juvenile court records in accordance with T.N.G. v Superior Court (1971) 4 C3d 767, 94 CR 813, and Welfare and Institution Code Section 827.  Certain reports may be obtained at the Police Department if you are the minor or parents/guardian of the juvenile.  If we are unable to release the report, we will provide you with a form to petition the Orange County Juvenile Court or you may obtain the form from the Juvenile Court, 341 City Drive, P.O. Box 14169, Orange, CA 92613, (714) 935-7000.  

The completed petition can be mailed to the above address or delivered to Juvenile Court Reception on the second floor of the Lamoreaux Justice Center. The Juvenile Court does not accept petitions via facsimile.  After reviewing the petition, the Presiding Judge of Juvenile Court will either grant or deny the request. A certified copy of the petition is then returned by mail to the petitioner if the petition is granted.