Records FAQs

How do I obtain a “clearance letter” to show that I do not have a criminal record?

You must be a resident or at one time resided in the City of Westminster.  You may come to the front counter at the Police Department and present a valid form of photo identification (Drivers License, California Identification, or a passport with a fairly recent photo).  A record check of our computer system will be conducted to determine if you have been arrested by our Police Department.  Copies of our arrest records only go back to 1997 unless the individual was arrested for retainable felony cases.  All other records have been purged and cannot be substantiated with documentation.   We will provide you with a letter regarding your criminal history status in our city.